Time: 60 mins.
Serves: 18 cookies
- First, put 18 small portions (about a generous half teaspoon each) of the Organic Hazelnut Spread on a silicone mat or a container lined with aluminium foil and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Roughly chop the Organic Milk Chocolate and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix the flour, baking powder, Organic Panama Joy Chocolate Drink mix and a pinch of salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter, Organic Corn Sugar, and the contents of half a vanilla bean. Then add the egg and 2 teaspoons of Organic Hazelnut Spread. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until a smooth dough has formed.
- With well-floured hands, form a tablespoon of the dough into a ball and then flatten it. Place one of the frozen hazelnut discs in the middle of the dough, bring the sides of the dough together to seal the disc in place and set the ball on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Work has to be done quickly here since the hazelnut discs melt quickly once they are taken out of the freezer. Do the same with the rest of the dough. Since the dough is a bit sticky, flour your hands generously between the individual cookies.
- Top the cookies with chopped Organic Milk Chocolate and bake until golden, about 12-17 minutes. Allow fresh cookies to cool completely before eating.
Baking Tip: When filling the cookies, remove just half of the hazelnut discs from the freezer. When those cookies are filled, use the remaining discs. This should prevent them from melting too quickly in your hand.